Sunday, October 31, 2010

Treat or Trick?!?!?!

4 years, 5 months, 6 days, 7 hours, 8 minutes, 9 seconds, 10....

So, Thomas and I have officially been together for a little over 53 months (see above). While he is counting down the weeks until we're officially together by God's union (aka - marriage), I am counting up the months we've been officially dating, including this engagement period. My belief is that it is a treat to be with Thomas, and the trick is to stay focused on Christ whom provides the guidance for our daily lives and our relationship.

Speaking of our engagement period:

Notice the wall...
...notice the wall again (and what two things are missing)...
...notice that my hand is back and so are the dots. The PI I was flying with couldn't figure out what was on the wall and after a few seconds it hit me - my beautiful engagement ring was making a sweet reflection pattern. I must say that it was a nifty discovery. As time progresses, I am discovering more and more tricks and gadgets related to this wonderful ring given to me by my Mr. Incredible. Thanks Thomas!

For those of you who are avid Halloween-ers - Happy Halloween!
I'm not sure what that means since Halloween is not exactly a happy holiday. Secondly, why is the term "holiday" used to describe it if there isn't anything holy about the day (it used to be, but now it's rather corrupt). Lastly, why is it socially acceptable to say "Happy Halloween" but not "Merry Christmas" when one is a pagan day and the other is religious day? If we are worried about offending the non-Christians on a Christian holiday, shouldn't we also be worried about offending the Christians on a non-Christian holiday? After all, Halloween came to be as a pagan rebellion against All Saints Day celebrated in the Catholic Church. My understanding is that it originated as a combination of a harvest festival and All Hallow's Eve (omit the "all," say it fast, and you get the word "halloween"), which makes sense since it is on the eve of All Saints Day (All Hallow's Day) and then All Soul's Day (Day of the Dead) follows. But, it was corrupted by neopagans and others not affiliated with the church.
Hmm...

1 comment:

  1. "And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her."

    Genesis 29:20

    ReplyDelete