Thursday, October 7, 2010

Threads for Thursday...

Habiliment = Wedding dress
Last week Friday, I went in to David's Bridal to finalize the color of my wedding habiliment (clothes as worn in a particular profession, way of life, etc.) and all of the threads (Sunday best, apparel, attiredress, etc.). After talking to a consultant and looking at various colors and styles, I made up my mind. You'll have to wait until the Big Day to see the product I decided upon. Of course if I see you before then, I can try to clue you in (except you, Thomas).
There was an another benefit of going into the Rochester David's Bridal besides to finalize colors, and this benefit was purely accidental. I discovered that in Minnesota, there isn't tax on clothing. HUGE, right?!?!? So, instead of ordering my dress through the Grand Rapids David's Bridal and having to find time to be in MI try it on, etc., I ordered it through the Rochester David's Bridal. The item immediately became tax FREE, I live one mile from the store, and they will ship it to MI for FREE after I try it on! SWEET!!!

Since I recently made this purchase, I will be sending out information on how to obtain the proper apparel for the rest of the wedding party. I believe you all should qualify for a discount of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment