Monday, November 19, 2012

Meals for Monday: Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

So...I guess I haven't been as deliberate about keeping up these posts. Therefore, don't be surprised if there are a few more recipe posts this week, but also don't be surprised if it doesn't materialize either.
...blah...blah...blah...here's a recipe for today.
Creamy Chicken Noodle soup
  • ¼ c butter
  • ⅓ c flour
  • 3 T minced onion (dried onion flakes)
  • 1 t chicken bouillon
  • 2 c milk
  • 1 cup cooked chicken, diced/shredded
  • 1 ½ cups egg noodles (uncooked)
  • 1 qt canned carrots, partially drained
  • 1 ½ t black pepper (ground)

  1. Melt butter in saucepan
  2. Add onions, flour, and bouillon, constantly stirring to avoid burning
  3. Once a paste is formed, add milk.
  4. Cook on med/med-hi until thick and bubbly
  5. Add cream mixture to crockpot (~3qt) with the remaining ingredients.
  6. Cook on “high” for ~1 hr or “low” for at least 2 hours.


I sort of made this dish up as I went, meaning I read a recipe (Tuscan Chicken Soup), which spawned the idea for this final product. Ideally, I would have added celery too, but I didn't have any on hand. Regardless, this dish was DELICIOUS, especially if you like black pepper (if you don't, I advise you dial it down a bit).


No comments:

Post a Comment