Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Details, details: the plans thus far.

So, here are the items that are currently planned:
  • Cake: Thomas' Aunt Dianne
  • Church: Pillar Church (57 East 10th St., Holland, MI  49423, http://www.pillarchurch.com/)
  • Colors: horizon & mermaid (blue and seafoam-ish green, like Ariel's tail)
  • Date: 7/23/2011 (a prime date for a wedding, lol)
  • Dresses: David's Bridal
  • Flowers: blue hydrangeas
  • Invitations: Shirley's mom, Linda Bradley (and friends?)
  • Music: Friends
  • Pastor: Pastor Herb VanderBilt, ENUMC
  • Photos: Terri Gillis (http://terrigillisphotography.com/)
  • Tuxedos: Men's Wearhouse
  • Time: morning wedding, pictures after the ceremony, afternoon/evening reception (yes, there will be dancing)
  • Wedding Party: 5 groomsmen + 5 bridesmaids (including Best man and Maid of Honor) + Ushers, flower-girl, ring bearer, and other helpers.

Through this whole process, you'll probably notice an inconsistent use of pronouns. It's a formality that isn't official until the day of, but switching from "me," "my," and "I" to "us," "our," and "we" is proving to be quite the hurdle.




Engagement pictures: Thomas and I got our engagement pictures taken while we were in Michigan this past weekend. We won't see the proofs for another week or so, but it is safe to say that at least a few of them will end up on this site.

Reception Hall: Thomas and I looked at two reception halls this weekend. We will likely be booking it this week or next. Regardless of which place we choose, we should end up on the north end of Grand Rapids, just north of the Grand River.

Wedding dress: While in Michigan this past weekend, I lost Thomas and met up with friends (some whom did not go with me on previous trips) and we went to David's Bridal. I will be ordering my dress this week. As far as which dress I'm wearing to the wedding, you'll have to ask me in person because it will not be publicized. Sorry Thomas. :-)

2 comments: