Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dresses for successes!

Eight months today and counting....DOWN, of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you probably know that my parents and younger brother came out to Iowa via Minnesota because they wanted to see their grandchild/niece. Well, my dad and younger brother returned to Michigan with the car, and my mother stayed with my older brother and sister-in-law to help them get into the swing of things (more like holding the baby so that Amber could sleep and Mark could work) for about a week. That left my mom getting back to Michigan by meeting my older brother and sister-in-law half-way between Rochester and Orange City to pick up my mom. Then, I drove my mother to the Amtrak train station in Winona the next morning.

A= Orange City, IA; B= Rochester, MN; C= Winona, MN. Then, my mom took the train to Chicago, and then transferred to another train (in an ideal world) to go up to Grand Rapids. Fun times using Amtrak!
Click here to go to the website.



So, when my mother stayed at my apartment for the evening, and one of the things we did together before she left town was go to where else but David's Bridal. While there, I successfully picked the dress and color (tea-length and horizon, aka- blue). Everything is in the computer system at their stores now. I don't mean to ruin the surprise, but the dress for the bridesmaids is shown below. Thanks for the help, Mom!
Click here to go to the website.



2 comments:

  1. I was going to use that color, but I switched to a darker blue instead (and am currently debating between blue and black dresses). I do love that shade of blue though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I like this color of blue as well.

    ReplyDelete